Getem Services treats homes and businesses for pests of all kinds, inside and out. Ants, mosquitoes and stinging insects can be big problems, but the biggest damage and biggest effect on your property and yourself can be caused by one of four pests.
Cockroaches, Termites, Bed Bugs and Rodents can be a very serious problem. Here are some quick facts about each pest. It might make you rethink the importance of pest control.
- Cockroaches are known to spread 33 kinds of bacteria, including E. coli and Salmonella species, six types of parasitic worms and seven kinds of human pathogens.
- The saliva, droppings and decomposing bodies of cockroaches contain allergen proteins known to trigger allergy and asthma symptoms, especially in children.
- Up to 60% of people with asthma who live in cities are allergic to cockroaches.
- Cockroach suppression and eradication is vital to healthcare facilities, homes and sites where food is prepared or served.
- Termites alone cause over $5 billion in property damage annually, a cost not covered by homeowners insurance.
- Subterranean termites eat 24/7, making them the most destructive species of termite found in the U.S.
- Bed bug bites can leave behind itchy, red welts, and can increase one’s risk for a secondary infection as a result of scratching.
- 99.6% of pest professionals have treated for bed bugs in the past year. That number – which has been consistent for the past few years – is significantly higher than 15 years ago, when only 25% of pest professionals reported treating for bed bugs.
- 1 in 5 Americans has had a bed bug infestation in his or her home, or knows someone who has encountered bed bugs at home or in a hotel.
The top three places where pest professionals report finding bed bugs are:
95% – Apartments/condominiums
93% – Single-family homes
75% – Hotels/motel
- Rodents consume or contaminate about 20% of the world’s food supply.
- Rats transmit disease organisms such as Rat-bite Fever, Salmonella, trichinosis, murine typhus, plague and Leptospirosis.
- Rodents have been implicated in fires across the country by chewing wires and spilling flammables.
- Nearly 30% of American homeowners have had a rodent problem in their home.
If you're ready to kick pests to the curb for good, give Getem Services a call at 757-489-8610 to schedule your free inspection!